The best tool for Project, Program and Portfolio Management is, one more year, CA PPM (formerly Clarity). This is the main conclusion drawn from the 2018 report on PPM, carried out annually by Gartner Inc. A report represented in the traditional Magic Quadrant where, the main market leaders in the sector appear, in this case, of the Project & Portfolio Management ambit.
CA PPM integrates business strategy with daily operations
The integral vision of projects and portfolios from a strategic point of view (thanks to roadmapping), as well as the ability to execute the roadmaps operationally, have been the main parameters that Gartner has considered to evaluate the suppliers of PPM solutions.
Being CA PPM very well valuated in these parameters, in addition Gartner has positively considered the 4 annual updates of the solution, as well as the possibility of connecting CA PPM with the main Business Intelligence tools, what has been decisive for Clarity to be recognized for the umpteenth consecutive year, as “Leader” in this important market.
But not only this CA Technologies solution is considered a leader in its market. CA Agile Central, a solution for agile project management that may be acquired either independently or integrated with CA PPM, is considered a “Leader” in its segment as well.
The Gartner report specifies its CA PPM analysis in the following terms:
- Version 15.4 of CA PPM introduces strategic roadmap planning capabilities, which allows users to visualize their planning in a downward way and to base it on business needs (aligned with the company’s strategy).
- The user experience or UX (User Experience) of CA PPM has improved in some key areas, and for a number of role-based users, it also includes the additional incorporation of the CA PPM collaboration features in various parts of the product.
- CA Technologies is accelerating its CA PPM product development lifecycle and will now offer up to four major releases per year of new features, functionalities and enhancements for CA PPM.
- For both the on premise and SaaS versions, CA Technologies now offers OData Connector, which allows customers to connect, Business Intelligence (BI) and advanced reporting tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or QlikView, with the data warehouse of CA PPM
- CA Technologies is betting significantly on the integration between CA PPM and CA Agile Central to connect CA PPM users with development teams that take advantage of agile development methods, in a single PPM software solution.
Download the Gartner report and find out why CA PPM is the leader in Project & Porfolio Management:
Do you want to know all the details of the Gartner report? PPM providers; criteria for inclusion, exclusion and evaluation; description of each quadrant; As well as the context and the general vision? Complete the brief form and download the full report.